WELCOME TO THE WGSA SCRIPT REGISTRY
To ensure that your work is protected, never pitch or send out your script to a third party before you have protected it by registering it with the WGSA Script Registry.
Once you have submitted your registration online, you will receive a registration confirmation with your WGSA Script Registraion Number. It is recommended that you insert the registration details in the footer of every page of your script.
No-one will gain access to your script once you have filed it with the WGSA Script Registry. Should a legal issue arise, and you need proof that the work belongs to you, you may request a copy of your work by writing to email@example.com. Your written request must be accompanied by the registration number of the project as well as a certified copy of your identity document or passport.
PROCESS TO MAKE USE OF THIS SERVICE
- Script registration is open to members and non-members
- Before registering your script, you have to make payment online.
- You will need to upload your proof of payment on the online form
- Before uploading your script, please name the file in the following way: the title of your script, SPACE, the version number, UNDERSCORE, your name. ( e.g killertomcat vs1_adamsmith). NOTE THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE SPACE IN THE FILE NAME.
- Only 1 script registration can be done at a time. Fill in a seperate form for each script you wish to register
- Only .pdf format files may be uploaded
- Four free updates are allowed and must also be done online. REMEMBER TO USE THE SAME NAME WITH AN UPDATED VERSION NUMBER
- A further four updates can be purchased for R100 – see fees below
- Your script registration is valid for 3 years, after which you need to re-register or it will be destroyed
INFORMATION FOR REGISTRATION UNDER THE NAME OF A COMPANY:
- Upload your COMPANY REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE
- Upload the ID of one of the named members on the company registration certificate
- Members: R200 per script
- Non-Members: R400 per script
- Additional Updates for members (from version 5 to 9): R100
- Additional Updates for non-members (from version 5 to 9): R200