WELCOME TO THE WGSA SCRIPT REGISTRY
To ensure that your work is protected, never pitch or send out your script to a third party before you have protected it by registering it with the WGSA Script Registry.
It is recommended that you insert the registration details in the footer of every page of your script.
No-one will gain access to your script once you have filed it with the WGSA Script Registry. Should a legal issue arise, and you need proof that the work belongs to you, you may request a copy of your work by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your written request must be accompanied by the registration number of the project as well as a certified copy of your identity document or passport.
PROCESS TO MAKE USE OF THIS SERVICE
- Script registration is open to members and non-members
- Before registering your script, please send a request to register to email@example.com. (REMEMBER TO STATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP STATUS and give full details of the person / company to whom we need to make the invoice out.) The WGSA will send an you invoice. Once you have made payment, please return to this page and click on the online registration link below
- You will need to upload your proof of payment on the online form
- Before uploading your script, please name the file in the following way: the title of your script, SPACE, the version number, UNDERSCORE, your name. ( e.g killertomcat vs1_adamsmith). NOTE THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE SPACE IN THE FILE NAME.
- Only 1 script registration can be done at a time. Fill in a seperate form for each script you wish to register
- Only .pdf format files may be uploaded
- Four free updates are allowed – email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the updated version. REMEMBER TO USE THE SAME NAME WITH AN UPDATED VERSION NUMBER
- A further four updates can be purchased for R100 – see fees below
- You will receive a confirmation of your registration after submission
- Your script registration number will be send to you via email
- Your script registration is valid for 3 years, after which you need to re-register or it will be destroyed
INFORMATION FOR REGISTRATION UNDER THE NAME OF A COMPANY:
- Upload your COMPANY REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE
- Upload the ID of one of the named members on the company registration certificate
- Members: R200 per script
- Non-Members: R400 per script
- Additional Updates for members(from version 5 to 9): R100
- Additional Updates for non-members (from version 5 to 9): R200