Thank you for your interest in registering your work with the Writers Guild of South Africa Script Registry.
Before You Register
- Only one (1) script registration can be completed at a time. You will need to fill in a separate form for each script you wish to register.
- Only PDF files may be uploaded. There is a standard way you need to name your PDF file: the title of your script and the version number (e.g. Killer Tom Cat Vs1).
- When updating your script, and this must also be done online, please use the SAME file name with an updated VERSION NUMBER (e.g. Killer Tom Cat Vs2)
- A further four updates can be purchased. See Fees & Incentives.
- Have a copy of your ID/Passport scanned to your computer
- Have your script(s) ready for upload (i.e. in PDF and named correctly)
- Have a copy of your Company Registration Certificate and
- Have the ID/Passport of one of the named members on the company registration certificate scanned on your computer.
- Have your script(s) ready to upload (i.e in PDFs and named correctly)
Proceed to payment. Please note that before you can register a script, you need to make the necessary payment. Filling in the form without making the payment first will result in your script NOT being registered.
How to register
- Have the necessary documentation ready
- Proceed to payment.
- Once payment is complete, PayFast will send you a confirmation of your payment.
- Save the confirmation. This is your proof of payment. You need to upload that as well.
- Fill in the form and upload the necessary documentation
- Once you have submitted your registration online, you will receive a registration confirmation with your WGSA Script Registration Number. It is recommended that you insert the registration details on the title page of your script.