Where do I go if I need help with creative writing?

Home / FAQ / Where do I go if I need help with creative writing?

Courses in prose writing and scriptwriting are offered by many tertiary institutions (universities), film schools and individuals, as well as the WGSA.

You need to be clear on the following before choosing a course:

  1. What do you want to learn? For example, do you want to learn the basics of writing, or have you written a script that you want to polish and improve?
  2. How much time do you have? Are you in a situation where you can study full-time or part-time? Or do you only want to explore your interest in writing by doing a weekend course?
  3. How much can you afford to pay? Some courses are subsidised, like the Spark course run by the NFVF, but most courses are run as commercial ventures, and a fee is payable.
  4. WGSA offers monthly day sessions with local experts, and once a year a two-day session with an international expert.
    Please feel free to contact the WGSA or check the website for information of our courses on offer.

Category: Education, Writing
Tags: , , , , , , ,

← FAQs